Sunday, February 8, 2009

How Teaching Matters

Why do Teachers matter "most" and how do I expect to fill this role?



Part 2

Teachers are a huge role model to their students. According to Wong, parents and teachers are the biggest role models in children's lives. Therefore it is important to live up to the model. Teachers should be enthusiatic, encouraging, well organized, well structured and fair. It's also important for teachers to make connections with all their students. This includes special needs kids, slow learners, quick learners, ELL kids, and low SES kids. I hope to set a good example for all my students. I also hope to find and highlight the strenghts of each of my students.

2 comments:

  1. Seeing the list of "special needs, slow learners, quick learners, ELL, low SES" makes my heart beat a little quicker and my sweat glands kick in. I too want to be able to reach all those kids, but when I see them all listed together it gets a little overwhelming, doesn't it? Whew!

    Teaching does matter! We are responsible for so much.... whew!

    Exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Identifyig the strengths of each student is an excellent idea. I think I tend to focus too much on weaknesses and how to improve them. I also agree that teachers are a major role model. You also mentioned fairness which I think is fundamental at the middle school level, but definitely easier said than done.

    ReplyDelete